In our September issue, we’ve included a big supplement on outdoor adventures in Scandinavia. To whet your appetite, here are some of the top blogs on hiking and backpacking in Norway, Sweden and Finland.
Note: Because our readership is mostly English-speaking, we’ve concentrated on blogs in English. If we have missed out any you think deserve to be mentioned, please let us know!
Regular Scandinavian content
- One Swedish Summer: Wilderness Walking In Northern Places (Mark Waring) – TGO’s regular writer on all things Scandinavian keeps an excellent blog on his journeys.
- Hiking in Finland (Hendrik Morkel) – one of the most widely read English-language blogs on Scandinavian hiking, backpacking, and other outdoor pursuits.
- Fjäderlätt (Jörgen Johansson)
- Finnish Way of Hiking (Jouni Laaksonen)
- Backpacking North (Mark Roberts)
Occasional Scandinavian content
These blogs feature Scandinavian journeys less frequently.
- Ultralight and Comfortable (Kenneth Shaw)
- Backpackingbongos (James Boulter)
- Wanderings Up North (Peter Dixon)
- Tramplite (Colin Ibbotson)
These blogs haven’t been updated for some time, but their archives are well worth reading.
- Going Lighter (Thomas Gauperaa)
- The Bearable Lightness (Gustav Boström)
- Thunder in the Night
- Nielen Brown Outdoors (Roger Brown) – sadly Roger passed away in 2016. His site remains an excellent resource.
- The Armchair Adventurer (David Hanlon)